Apprenticeship Intake 2019
Each year Truck Centre WA offers a number of Apprenticeship opportunities across our branch network within Metro and Regional WA. Our program offers combined paid on and off the job training to assist our Apprentices in becoming nationally recognised, quality trades people. We offer trade qualifications in the following areas:
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
- Vehicle Body Builder
What to Expect
Our Apprenticeship program is designed to ensure our apprentices reach their full potential. As an apprentice with Truck Centre WA you can expect:
- 48 month accredited program in conjunction with TAFE
- Paid tuition fees
- Uniforms and PPE provided
- Tool allowance subsidies
- Mentoring and coaching from qualified and experienced tradespersons
- Annual Apprentice of the Year Awards
To Be Successful
- Strong interest in the Heavy Automotive industry
- Successful completion of pre-apprenticeship in relevant area of study
- Previous work experience
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Minimum of Year 10 qualification (successful completion of Year 12 highly desirable)
- Commitment to workplace health and safety
- Self-motivation and positive attitude
How to Apply
To apply for the 2019 intake you must include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are interested in a career in the Road Transport industry and why you would make a great Truck Centre WA apprentice
- Updated resume
- Copy of your most recent academic transcripts and qualifications
- Minimum of 2 professional (work related) referee’s
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process commences in August each year for a January start.
- Submit your complete application online. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If you are successful in progressing to the next stage, you will be invited to attend our Apprentice Recruitment Centre where you will receive more information about the positions on offer, undertake mechanical, mathematical and literacy testing and take part in group activities.
- Following the Recruitment Centre, the next stage for successful applicants is attending face to face interviews and an invitation to take part in our Mechanical Testing day.
- Pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing
- Reference checks
- If successful, you will be made an offer.