The new Mack Anthem rolls out in the US
It’s been described as one of the most significant new trucks in Mack’s long history, it’s the new Mack Anthem. Unveiled this week in the U.S., the great news is that Mack Trucks will be bringing an Australian version to market at some time in the future.
When? That’s still to be determined (though you will know about it first here).
Here’s what we know so far about the new addition to the Mack family:
- Features bold new design
- Optimized aerodynamics (up to 3% over current models)
- New driving and sleeping environments
- Easy to open hood – requires 50% less effort
- Exterior lights – all LED as standard
- Will be offered in Day-Cab, 48” Flat Top Sleeper, and 70” Stand-Up Sleeper
- 7” touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and sat-nav
- Powered new MP series Mack engines – 11 litre/425hp and 13 litre/505hp
- mDRIVE automated manual transmissions – standard
Dennis Slagle, president of Mack Trucks, says there has never been a more aerodynamic, comfortable and connected Mack than the Anthem.
“As one of the most significant new trucks in Mack’s 117-year history, the Anthem combines our latest innovations with more than a century of truck-building know-how,”
“The incredible result is a truck that’s been built for our customers’ business and designed for drivers, all while delivering the power and presence that only a Mack truck can deliver.”